This month’s tech tip is about Azure SQL Database and more specifically, about the different compatibility percentages, when migrating from on-premises to the Azure cloud.
When migrating your on-premises SQL Server databases to the Azure cloud platform, the available SQL Server deployment options have the following compatibility percentages with your on-premises databases and features:
- SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines (VMs)
- 100% compatibility with your on-premises SQL Server features
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Near 100% compatibility with your on-premises SQL Server features
- Azure SQL Database
- Some on-premises features are not supported (i.e. SQL Server Agent)
With Microsoft’s Data Migration Assistant, among other, you can analyze your on-premises SQL Server deployments and detect potential compatibility issues that might come up, when migrating to different SQL Server deployment options on the Azure cloud platform, as well as, suggest solutions for resolving these issues.
Enroll to my online course on Udemy, titled “Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners” and get started with Azure SQL Database and SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines fast and easy! Many live demos included!
Featured Online Courses:
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- How do I Create a Formula in a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet?
- How To Fix the Issue “This device can’t use a Trusted Platform Module”
- How To Show Hidden Files in Windows 10
- How to Fix: Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Windows 10 Laptop
- How to Find your Windows OS Version and Build Number?
Rate this article:
Reference: TechHowTos.com (https://www.techhowtos.com)