This article discusses whether it is possible to restore a database backup from SQL Server 2005 SP4 to SQL Server 2005 SP3 or not.
If the database was in place when you patched SQL Server 2005 to SP4 then yes, you can backup the database and restore it on SQL Server 2005 SP3. If the database was created on SQL Server after it was patched to SP4, then you cannot backup/restore a database to an earlier version of SQL Server (i.e. SQL Server 2005 SP3).
Enroll to my online course on Udemy, titled “SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners” and get started with SQL Server on both Windows and Linux in no time!Enroll Now!
Featured Online Courses:
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
Rate this article:
Reference: TechHowTos (https://www.techhowtos.com)