One of the most significant features in SQL Server 2017 is the enhanced support for Machine Learning. As defined in Wikipedia, Machine Learning is a field of computer science that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. Technology has matured enough, in order to finally take a deep dive into Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning and SQL Server is no exception to that.
Read also: What is Machine Learning?
The journey into Machine Learning and AI in SQL Server started with SQL Server 2016 which introduced SQL Server R Services. With this feature, SQL Server integrated the R language with its Database Engine in order to provide enterprise-scale data science from within SQL Server.
Now, SQL Server 2017, in addition to R services, provides in-database support for the Python language. The support for R and Python in SQL Server 2017 has been re-branded as “Machine Learning Services“.
Via Machine Learning Services, you can build and deploy machine learning Solutions in R and Python via the in-database support SQL Server provides. With Machine Learning Services you can apply powerful data science processing against your data and easily transform raw data into useful information and knowledge.
In subsequent articles, we are going to work with data science and Machine Learning Services in SQL Server 2017, so stay tuned and check our blog often!
Enroll to my online course on Udemy, titled “SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners” and get started with SQL Server on both Windows and Linux in no time!Enroll Now!
Featured Online Courses:
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
Rate this article:
Reference: TechHowTos.com (https://www.techhowtos.com)