In this article, we will answer the question: How do you Display Code Snippets in Microsoft Word?
The Sample code snippet we want to include in a Word document
Below, you can see an example of a code snippet to be included in our Word document:
SELECT * FROM table1 t1 INNER JOIN table2 t2 ON t1.ID=t2.ID; GO
The above code snippet is actually an SQL statement and we want to include it in a word document as a snippet.
How to include the code snippet in a Word document
The easiest way to include the above code snippet in a Word document, is to insert it as an object.
Therefore, in order to do this, you need to follow the below steps, within your Word document:
- Navigate to the “Insert” tab in the Word ribbon (menu)
- Click on “Object”
- Select “OpenDocument Text” and click OK – a new Word window/doc launches
- Within the new Word window:
- Type or paste your code with no spacing
- Select all text and add a border (outside borders)
- Select all text and add shading (gray for example)
- Exit the document
- After you perform the above, you can see that you will return to the original Word document, and this time, a formatted code snippet box with the text you pasted/typed, will be displayed.
Featured Online Courses:
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- How do I Create a Formula in a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet?
- How to Use a Percentage Formula in Excel
- How To Fix the Issue “This device can’t use a Trusted Platform Module”
- How To Show Hidden Files in Windows 10
- How to Fix: Slow WiFi Internet Connection on Windows 10 Laptop
- How to Find your Windows OS Version and Build Number?
Rate this article:
Reference: TechHowTos.com (https://www.techhowtos.com)