In this post, we will see how to easily create databases in SQL Server. To this end, we will see a relevant example along with a short video.
Connecting to SQL Server with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
The first step, prior to creating the database, is to connect to SQL Server, in our example using SSMS.
To connect to the SQL Server instance, you launch SSMS, you set the connection details and connect to SQL Server.
Creating the Database
Now that you have successfully connected to SQL Server, you can right click on “Databases” and select “New database“. This brings up the following dialog:
Within the above dialog, you can enter the name of your new database, as well as, control the database autogrowth settings.
In the “Options” tab, you can set any other options you would like to set for your new database.
After clicking the “OK” button, you can see that your new database has been created:
Creating a new Database Using T-SQL
Alternatively, if you want to create a database using T-SQL, you can do so by executing the
CREATE DATABASE SQL statement, see the below example for more info:
CREATE DATABASE MyDatabase2; GO
Watch the Video on our YouTube Channel!
Watch our video on how to create databases in SQL Server!Subscribe!
Learn More – Enroll to the Course!
Enroll to my online course on Udemy, titled “SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners” and get started with SQL Server on both Windows and Linux in no time!
Featured Online Courses:
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- How to Get Started with SQL Server
- How to Create Databases in SQL Server
- How to Create and Alter Tables in SQL Server Databases
- How to Create Database Views in SQL Server and what are their Benefits
- What are SQL Server Stored Procedures?
- What is SQL Server Management Studio?
- What are T-SQL Snippets in SSMS?
- How do I Create a Formula in a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet?
- What can you do using SQL Server?
- Difference Between SQL and SQL Server
- Differences Between Batch and Streaming Data
- How to Check SQL Server Version
- All our articles on databases
Featured Database Software Tool
Create and modify T-SQL code snippets for use in SQL Server Management Studio, fast, easy and efficiently.Learn More
Rate this article:
Reference: TechHowTos.com (https://www.techhowtos.com)