In this article, we will be discussing about the batch and streaming data, what they are and which are their main differences.
What is Batch Data and Batch Processing?
Batch data, is a term used to characterize large data sets with millions of records stored in files, records, etc.
Batch data is processed by the respective “Batch Processing Model”, based on which, large volumes of data are processed at once (i.e. at specific times, such as: end of day, end of month, etc.).
What is Streaming Data and Stream Processing?
Streaming data, is a term used to characterize data, that is being generated continuously by different sources. Another term that can be used for characterizing data that is being generated continuously is “Real-Time data”.
Streaming data, is being processed incrementally using stream processing techniques and tools, that is technologies that can actually process data in real time. This process is known as “Stream Processing” or “Real-Time Processing”.
Differences Between Batch and Streaming Data
The main differences between batch and streaming data are:
- In Batch Processing, data is being collected over a period of time and then the data is processed on specific times, usually by an analytics system (i.e. Data Warehouse).
- Streaming data is being processed by stream processing tools, in a real-time manner, since as mentioned before, this data is being generated continuously.
Learn more about data processing technologies such as SQL Server – Enroll to the course!
Enroll to my online course on Udemy, titled “SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners” and get started with SQL Server on both Windows and Linux in no time!
Featured Online Courses:
- A Guide on How to Start and Monetize a Successful Blog
- Introduction to Azure Database for MySQL
- Working with Python on Windows and SQL Server Databases
- Boost SQL Server Database Performance with In-Memory OLTP
- Introduction to Azure SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Administration Tips
- SQL Server Fundamentals – SQL Database for Beginners
- Essential SQL Server Development Tips for SQL Developers
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Beginners
- .NET Programming for Beginners – Windows Forms with C#
- Introduction to SQL Server Machine Learning Services
- SQL Server 2019: What’s New – New and Enhanced Features
- Entity Framework: Getting Started – Complete Beginners Guide
- How to Import and Export Data in SQL Server Databases
- Learn How to Install and Start Using SQL Server in 30 Mins
- What can you do using SQL Server?
- Benefits of Primary Keys in Database Tables
- What is SQL Server Management Studio?
- Difference Between SQL and SQL Server
- How to Check SQL Server Version
Rate this article:
Reference: TechHowTos.com (https://www.techhowtos.com)